Sunday, May 17, 2009

Starting Afresh

Well, I've had a bit of a play with this blog, and I find I like it well enough that I'll keep it and slowly knock it into shape.

More than that, I'm going to collide a couple of different interests here that I'd previously kept separate.

First and foremost it's going to be a writing blog. I write when I can, fantasy or science fiction depending on my mood, short stories for the most part. I've had a few things published in the Australian science fiction magazine Aurealis and the Doctor Who anthology Short Trips: Transmissions.

For a long time there I just let my writing drift, not doing much about it, but recently, inexplicably seemed to find my second (or third, possibly fourth) wind. How that progresses I'll record here.

Now, I'm also a member of staff at a public library, working towards my library diploma, and currently participating in a Learning 2.0 program run by that library. The program aims to bring staff up to speed on Web 2.0 tools. There are activities to perform, little bits of fun playing around with the technologies, and part of that is keeping a related blog. I'll be doing that here as well.

Thirdly, it'll just be a plain old blog, with odd bits of ranting and reviewing and, who knows, photographs of pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment