Sunday, May 24, 2009

Leisure

I decided to make this weekend all about leisure. Frankly, I needed the break. While I did (and do) have a very long list of things I ought to be doing, I have just spent two days twiddling my mental thumbs in whatever way delighted me. Reading (Something Fishy, The Lies of Locke Lamora, The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing For Young Adults, and the terrifying introductory chapters of Italian Verbs For Dummies), a little writing in a carefree, non-achieving kind of way, a bit of old-fashioned idle net-surfing.

Non-productive in the most extreme way, if you don't count the it's-never-wasted aspect of reading. But I do feel better for it. (I'll pay next week, but that's future-me's problem.

And yes, this is a non-post, a bit of froth, a place holder. It's just been that kind of weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment